Ultima Vitality is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ultima Vitality may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time, to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018. Last Updated: 23.09.2019
What information do we collect about you?
- Basic Information. We may ask for basic information about you such as: your name, age and contact details when you contact us through: our website, by phone, email, post, face to face or social media. This is for the purpose of contacting you to discuss treatment/to arrange appointments/to share with you any test results/to prescribe you medication. Patients are expected to inform Ultima Vitality, if any of their contact details have changed. Staff may from time to time check with you to confirm that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
- Personal Information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Google Analytics
- Hubspot Live Chat
- Payment Details. In some cases, we may ask you for your bank card details or your employers bank card details, if an advance payment is being made over the phone. No bank card details are retained by Ultima Vitality and successful card payments issue a paper receipt.
- I.D. Checks for Over 18 patients. When registering with the clinic as a new patient, you may be asked to provide proof of identity and address at any time, as confirmation of your patient identification. We ask all New Patients to bring One Form of I.D. with them: Passport/National I.D./Driving License/Bank Card.
- Registering an Under 18 patient. If registering an Under 18 patient, we will need to see One form of Photo I.D. per person for the Parent/Guardian/Carer (Passport/National I.D.) & the Under 18 patient (Passport/Birth Certificate).
- Your Personal Data. Our registration forms may require personal data such as: your name, date of birth, postal and billing address, telephone number, e-mail address, emergency contact (optional) and GP details (opt out option). For All Patients, providing any form of written past medical/vaccination history would be helpful, but is Optional.
- Informing your GP. We automatically contact your NHS doctor for the purpose of keeping your medical records up to date and to avoid duplicate or unnecessary treatment. If you would prefer to opt out of us automatically informing your NHS doctor, you can tick the ‘opt out’ box on our registration form. Alternatively, you may inform one of our staff, that you would prefer for your NHS doctor to NOT be informed about your medical consultation/treatment at Ultima Vitality. For patients receiving medical services under the age of 18, there is no opt out option. For Sexual Health Patients, we do not inform their GP or anyone other than those involved in providing the requested medical service.
- General Health & Medical History Data. You may be asked questions regarding information about your General Health and Medical History, in order for the clinic to provide you with the most suitable course of treatment/prescription/referral and care.
- Lab Results. We may hold results of laboratory tests at Ultima Vitality.
- Photographs. For some cosmetic treatments, photographic images (optional) may be taken before/after treatment to track the progress of results.
- Employers Details. If asked by you, we may hold your employers details, if we are providing Occupational Health services or providing them with a Medical Report.
- Health Insurance Details. If applicable, we may ask for your Health Insurance Details including: Health Insurance Company Name and Contact Number, Your Insurance ID Number and your Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Patient Feedback. We may use information from compliments, complaints, incidents, your feedback and online reviews to improve our services and patient care.
- Employment Information. If you are applying for a position with us, basic recruitment information may be asked of you such as: your education, qualifications, identification documents and confirmation of your right to work.
Information from other sources
- We work closely with third parties such as health and care business partners and sub-contractors such as those providing pathology services, sexual health services, scans and X-rays. We therefore may receive information from them relating to your health and care such as referrals, reports and test results.
How will we use the information about you?
This section explains how and why we use your personal data:
- We need to process your personal data to manage our services, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and you, to provide you with information or services you have requested and to help you with any payments or refunds you may require.
- To ensure that you receive the best possible care, your health record will also contain more sensitive information and reports about your health including details of any appointments, illness, tests and other treatments you receive. This may be shared with those who have a legal and legitimate need to see it to support your care.
- We use personal or anonymised data to monitor how effective our services are and to make sure that the treatments and services we provide are meeting the needs of our clients.
- We may use your personal contact details to notify you about changes to our service
- Sometimes we are required by law to pass on certain information about you without your consent, for example: Reporting some infectious diseases
- Where a law, court order or public authority instructs us to do so, information about you may be shared without your consent in exceptional situations, such as:
- when a serious crime has been committed
- if there is a serious risk to the public or our colleagues
- to protect children or vulnerable adults who are unable to decide whether their information should be shared
- Personal Data that Ultima Vitality collects, is used for to provide best treatment and individualised patient health care. Ultima Vitality does not sell personal data.
How we store and protect your data
- The confidentiality and security of your information is of paramount importance to us. We take the utmost care when handling your personal and confidential information and ensure that we have appropriate organisational and technical security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access, accidental damage, destruction or loss.
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and enforce physical access controls to our building and record to keep information safe and expect those who are employed or work in partnership with us have regular training and follow our policies and procedures. We take active steps to monitor compliance with these.
- Personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA by one of our service providers. When we transfer your personal data, we will ensure that there are adequate protections in place, in line with UK Data Protection Laws.
- Credit card payment transactions will be processed securely by our third party payment processors.
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, disclosure and destruction of personal data. We may ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you or your representative.
- By sending us an email message (for example via our email@example.com email), you will be sending us personal identifying information, such as your name and email address. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from third party interception or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than email.
Access to your information, your rights & correction
Under UK Data Protection law, you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, feel something is not right after reading your records or would like to know more about your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
How to contact us
If you would like to know a little bit more about how Ultima Vitality handles your personal information or have a query or request, please contact our
Data Protection Officer:
Anne Beden, Practice Manager
t: 0161 434 7373
Copyright © Ultima Vitality